RRB General Science Model Question with Answer
1. The IUPAC name of the compound given below is CH3CH2COCH2CH3
2. Which of the following compounds could belong to the same homologous series?
(I) C2H6O2 (II) C2H6O (III) C2H6 (IV) CH4O
(a) I, II
(b) II, III
(c) III, IV
(d) II, IV
3. The longest period in the periodic table is
4. Which one of the following is a Dobereiner’s triad?
(a) Cl2, Mg and Na
(b) O2 , N2 and Cl2
(c) Cl2 , Br2 and I2
(d) H2 , He and Ne
5. Pure water is obtained from sea water by
(d) All of these
6. Barium carbonate is a/an
7. Rutherford’s scattering experiment is related to the size of the
8. Excess of silicon in cement
(a) increase setting time
(b) decrease setting time
(c) increase hardness
(d) helps in hydrolysis
9. Hard glass having the same ingredients as soft glass excepts
(a) hard glass have Na in place of K
(b) hard glass having K in place of Na
(c) hard glass having both Na and K
(d) None of the above
10. A complete fertilizer provides
(a) N, P, K
(b) S, K, N
(c) S, B, K
(d) N, S, P
[bg_collapse view=”button-orange” color=”#4a4949″ expand_text=”View Answer” collapse_text=”Show Less” ]1. (d) The functional group is in the 3rd carbon atom in the chain.
2. (d) Organic compounds which can be represented by a general formula, differ from each other by a fixed group of atoms, and have a gradation of properties form a homologous series.
5. (b) Pure water is obtained from sea water by distillation. This technique is applied only for the purification of those liquids hich boil without decomposition at atmospheric pressure and contain non-volatile impurities.
6. (a) Barium carbonate, BaCO3 is a compound.
7. (a) On the basis of results of a-ray scattering experiment, Rutherford postulated that atom consists of two parts (i) nucleus and (ii) extra nuclear part.
9. (a) Hard glass contains Na while soft glass contains potassium.