Valley unrest hits intel gathering
As per the account of senior official from Home Ministry, the three-month unrest within the geographical area vale created a large vacuum for intelligence. This has motor-assisted the attack on the military base in Uri.
Several areas of geographical area are put to sleep curfew. This affected movement of informers. This result in the shortage of intelligence inputs or data on the Uri attack.
The prolonged curfew restrained the movement of informers to succeed in bent their handlers. (more…)
Who has been appointed as the Non-Executive Director of the TATA International Limited with effect from 1st August
(a) Jothi Premnarayen (b) Deepak Premnarayen
(c) Mohit Premnarayen (d) Rohit Premnarayen
(e) None of these
Aadi Peruku is celebrated in which state?
(a) Karnataka (b) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Kerala (d) Tamil Nadu
(e) None of these (more…)
National Film Award
- It is the most prestigious film award ceremonies in India which was established in 1954 and was first awarded on 10th October 1954.
- Since 1973, the Indian Directorate of Film Festivals directs the ceremony along with other major film events in India annually.
- The awards are categorized in three sections; Feature Films, Non-Feature Films and Best Writing on Cinema. Each section having its individual aims, Feature Film and Non-Feature Film sections aim at encouraging the production of films of aesthetic and technical excellence and social relevance.
- All the award winners are awarded with a Medallion, cash prize and a certificate of merit. The award ceremony is held in New Delhi, where the President of India presents the awards.
Sahitya Akademi Award
• This award is annually conferred on writers of the most outstanding books of literary merit in any of the major
Indian languages recognised by the Sahitya Akademi,New Delhi.
• The award was established in 1954. It comprises of a plaque (designed by the Indian film-maker Satyajit Ray)
and a cash prize of ` 100,000.
• The purpose of the award is to recognize and promote excellence in Indian writing and also acknowledge new
trends which involve a 12 month selection process. (more…)