Date of Issue : 08.01.2017
Exam Name : TNPSC Group 1
Material : TNPSC Group 1 Model Question
• Portugal Prime Minister Antonio Co ta to be Chief Guest of 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
DOB: 17 July 1961 in Lisbon, capital city of Portugal.
• By profession he is lawyer. He traces his paternal roots to Goa (India).
• He is son of Orlando Costa, an accomplished poet and writer and has several relatives at Margao in Goa.
• His grandfather, Luis Afonso Maria da Costa hailed from Goa. After Portugal’s 2015 general election, he was appointed as Prime Minister after he had put together a coalition of left parties that is currently in power in Portugal.
• In 2004, he was elected as one of the 14 Vice-Presidents of the European Parliament and also had served on the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
• He was Mayor of Lisbon City from 2007 to 2015. He was elected as Secretary-General of the Socialist Party in September 2014.
[sociallocker id=610][wpdm_package id=’642′][/sociallocker]